Monday 29 July 2013

Life's a beach

Sunday 28th July 2013

'Under the sea..........'

Hi world!

Usually the sound of the rain belting down on the windows on a Sunday morning is calming, relaxing.....oh wait! Not in the summer it isn't! Damn you English weather! 
Today we had so many fun plans: Tea and cake in a little tea room, the aquarium in Tynemouth, chips on the beach, building sandcastles (once again, I assure you I'm in my 20's!) and topping it all off with ice cream. Well sod you rain we did it anyway.

First stop was a cool little tearoom not far from Tynemouth metro station called Rene's for a pot of tea and a fruit scone, such ladies we are :P



After we'd fueled up on tea we headed down along the seafront in the direction of the Blue reef aquarium. And I'd like to point out by this time the sun had put his hat on :D



Now one thing I'm going to point out about the aquarium is that I personally think it's overpriced. It's £9.00 for an adult and it literally takes about 15-20 minutes to walk around the whole place. That aside, I do think it's a great day out and I tell ya that's the only time I want to ever get so close to a shark. I think my favourite part was the glass tunnel, even though it's a really short tunnel it's amazing to have sting rays and sharks swim overhead. There's also a huge 'pool' where the seals are and they have big windows around it so you can watch them all swim about. If the weather's nice, they also allow you to go up to the top where the pool is open and stand around watching the seals pop their little heads up. Cuteness right there!






We then decided that because the weather had eventually turned itself around, we'd walk to cullercoats and sit on the beach with a bag of chips. Any trip to the beach (as you may well know now) isn't complete without a) a bucket and spade b) a plodge in the sea c) building sandcastles Obviously all of those things did happen. You're only as old as you feel right?

I didn't realise at the time, but hello scary face in the cave!!!

To finish off what had been a Funday Sunday, we walked along the seafront to Whitley Bay and had ice cream. Once again I was daring and instead of vanilla I had.......liquorice  and Blackcurrent. HEAVEN on a cone it was delicious!! And a little weird.


If you don't do anything stupid when you're young, you won't remember anything funny when you're old

Stacey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment