Friday 2 August 2013

A night (day) at the museum

Thursday 1st August 2013

'Walk like an Egyptian........'

Hi World!

Today, Mumma and moi took a little trip to the Hancock museum in town. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to history, I love learning about the past, and mother dear (being the child she is - See where I get it from?) wanted to see the dinosaurs.
I've been to the Hancock museum once before with my sister and niece and really enjoyed it, so figured why not go again? This is a great place for families to go, even if you're not into history there's lots to see and do, and best of all it's free! Just put blinkers on the kids on the way out, that gift shop is filled with so many cool things!



When we first walked in, we were surrounded by animals (stuffed not living just FYI) from fish, to birds to tigers and even a HUGE (plastic) elephant! Me being the snap happy gal whipped my camera and took a few pics to share with you all, and my nephew who loves all animals <3



After the animals came the centuries, there were rooms filled with parts of Hadrian's wall and another with pieces of columns from ancient Greece and others filled with clothes from all over the world.
Then came Mams favourite part.....the dinosaurs! 'Ahhh Stacey look.....look at that.....have you seen that?' She was more excited than most of the kids in there, and this is why I love her! It's amazing to see all of the fossils they've found and life size models of the dinosaurs. Again, if you have kids, this is the place to go.





Next up came my favourite part, Ancient Egypt. I'd heard there was an actual mummy at the museum so I had to go see her. And yup sure enough, there she was *gulp* Not even gonna lie, I got a little freaked out! I'm a complete wimp, I admit it ok! I still found it all incredibly interesting, yet I couldn't bring myself to take a picture. I got scared she'd come and haunt me! Then of course mam had to make a joke about the museum coming to life at night and that was me done! Don't joke about that shizz! :P There were pieces of tomb stones and parts of the pyramids which was really cool to see too.




We had one last look at the animals on the way out, then it was mams turn to get freaked out when she spotted a real snake in a tank - one work mumma Karma :P
And that was that, a day at the museum complete.

We decided to hit starucks up afterwards for a coffee, a nice way to end the day. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure mam wants to go again. Me on the other hand, maybe I'll give the mummy a miss :P



'Do one thing every day that makes you happy'

Stacey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment