Monday 19 August 2013

Camping take two!

Saturday 17th August 2013

'The wind began to switch, the house to pitch....' 

So it appears I am in fact gluten for punishment. Once again I spent my weekend (OK just Saturday) in a tent even though I vowed never to do it again. And why I hear you cry? Because I am a boob that's why. You can read all about my first camping experience Here if you'd like some giggles! 

After what can only be described as a horrendous but hilarious weekend two weeks ago we decided it would be fun to do it all over again......
We got the bus again from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, then Middlesbrough to Scarborough, and we had planned (again) to go to Flamingoland once we had our tent pitched. But by the time we got there and our tent was erect (There were MANY dirty jokes that passed between us at the weekend!) it was too late to go *insert sad face* so we decided to venture into Scarborough to have a coffee and a mooch in the shops. Nothing too exciting was bought, although we did both buy Monsters INC recorders from the poundshop to annoy anyone who decided to make too much noise ;P



Heading back to the campsite we were worried that our tent would have decided to go for a little fly, but there she was at the top of the hill. Still standing! Oh what good tent erectors we are.



Admittedly the weather wasn't as bad as the first time around in that there was no thunderstorm, there were ridiculous winds though. And we were expecting to wake up in the first seen from the wizard of oz! 'The wind began to switch, the house to pitch.......' Name that tune! :P



We had a majorly bad nights sleep, what with being cold and uncomfortable and some dude throwing up twice outside of our tent - Yeahhh thanks for that! - We woke up pretty broken and tired. So instead of going into Scarborough again we had our usual breakfast of beans and slightly toasted bread and a cup of coffee, then hit the road.



Never in my life have I been so grateful for a bath and my bed I tell ya. I'd say I wouldn't do it again, but we all know that will probably end up being a fib......until next time....mwahahaaaaa



Never regret something that once made you smile

Don't forget, I have a beauty sale over on my other Blog )

Stacey xo


No comments:

Post a Comment